Note: Due to high demand there is currently a 2 week pre-order wait on this item. If you would like this item quicker you can find the item on the MadebyA2 eBay page.
Start composting your green waste indoors! These modular bins stack together and come with live worms to get you started (around 15-20 worms which will quickly breed as you continue feeding green waste into the bins). If you find you’re running out of space you can always come back to our store and get another kit and continue building! Once worms are working you can move through one bin every 2-3weeks and are left with rich organic material to put on your garden, indoor plants or even use for indoor vegetable gardening!
Set One comes with 1 x shallow bin, 1 x tall bin, 1 x bedding bin, 1 x bin lid and 1 x bin bottom and also around 15-20 live worms (don’t worry they’ll survive the shipping within Australia just fine! Just make sure you give them some material to start eating straight away. Green leaves are great to get started and some newspaper or very small pieces of cardboard to heap soak up moisture and balance the process of breaking down into compost.)
Set Two comes with 1 x tall bin, 1 x bedding bin, 1 x bin lid and 1 x bin bottom and also around 15-20 live worms.
Set Three comes with 2 x shallow bin and 1 x connector. Set Three allows you to horizontally connect vertical worm farms together! Worms will travel through the small connector to get into the other side. It is amazing to see how the worms move to different areas when you add more green waste.
Please try to keep your worm farm out of the sun! Not only will it get incredibly hot because of its size and harm the worms, but it will also cause the bins to warp in shape. It is best to store in a dark place such as a garage, or if you like to store it in a laundry or kitchen bench then please keep away from direct sunlight to get the longest life out of the bins as possible.
* Try to keep the moisture level inside the bins quite moist but not so much that the worms are swimming through liquid as they don’t really like that!
* It is a good idea to check the bins daily and make sure it doesn’t dry out or your worms will perish.
* If you find you are attracting fruit flies to your bin (even indoors) you can try putting your food scraps into paper bags (such as mushroom bags or sandwich bags) and that will help stop fruit flies getting to the waste.
* There is a lot of discussion about what to compost and what not to compost, you can only really try it out yourself. But we have found that most vegetables, many kinds of fruit, even lemon skin is fine. Just no meat. We have found that our worms particularly like banana skins, leafy green, any kind of juicy fruit, garlic and onion skin and even egg shells!
Dimensions Set One:
Shallow Bin – 162mm x 82mm x 30mm
Tall Bin – 162mm x 82mm x 60mm
Bedding Bin – 162mm x 82mm x 24mm
Bin Lid – 162mm x 82mm x 10mm
Bin Bottom – 162mm x 82mm x 12mm
Dimensions Set Two:
Tall Bin – 157mm x 162mm x 60mm
Bedding Bin – 157mm x 162mm x 24mm
Bin Lid – 157mm x 162mm x 10mm
Bin Bottom – 157mm x 162mm x 12mm
Dimensions Set Three:
Shallow Bin – 162mm x 82mm x 30mm
Choose either the all blue, the all green, all brown, all black or the all silver collection.
These are 3D printed in Sydney by MadebyA2. If you’d like other colors or have any other requests please message us!
* Please note this product is manufactured in Sydney with a combination of PLA and ABS materials and is assembled by hand, by us. Please also note there could be slight variations in appearance from the photos including colour, artifacts, joinery and surface patterns.